Shortcut creation, with no arrow and cannot be deleted RRS feed

• Question

• I need help in creating an shortcut on a user’s desktop that cannot be deleted nor has a shortcut arrow on it. Similar to how AOL puts their shortcut icon on user’s desktops. I am specifically looking at way to manipulate the registry to do this. The other icons on the desktop can keep their shortcut arrows. I just want to manipulate this one specific shortcut. The ability to right-click and select delete would be good but not required.

Thanks in advance. If you need me to be clearer I, let me know and I will try.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 9:04 PM

All replies

• For what purpose would you need to not allow them to delete? In this case I suspect you are creating malware.
    Wednesday, July 4, 2007 2:16 AM
  • No, i am not creating malware. We have a training room with about 15 computers and i wanted to prevent the students from deleting certain icons from the desktop. When they delete them i have to go back in and place them back on the desktop. I have written a small script that will place them on there, but it only runs once a new users signs on. Its more of a headache.
    Friday, July 6, 2007 5:48 PM