none
Graphical Indicators to ignore Milestones - Project Health RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I was hoping someone could help me configure the below project schedule health formula to ignore graphical indicators for Milestones?

IIf([Scheduled Duration] = 0, (IIf([% Complete] = 100, 5, IIf([Finish] < Now() + 7 And [% Complete] < 100 And [% Complete] >= 80, 3, IIf([Finish] < Now() + 7 And [% Complete] < 80, 4, 1)))), IIf([% Complete] = 100, 5, IIf([% Complete] >= 100 * (Abs(ProjDateDiff([Start], Now()) / ProjDateDiff([Start], [Finish]))), 2, (IIf([Finish] > Now(), IIf([Start] > Now(), 1, 3), 4)))))

• Edited by triniman27 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:35 PM
    Friday, April 6, 2018 10:18 PM

Answers

• Hello.

I've just copied your formula and changed it with my suggestion. My result is this formula:

IIf([Milestone],-1,IIf([Scheduled Duration]=0,(IIf([% complete]=100,5,IIf([Finish]<Now()+7 And [% complete]<100 And [% complete]>=80,3,IIf([Finish]<Now()+7 And [% complete]<80,4,1)))),IIf([% complete]=100,5,IIf([% complete]>=100*(Abs(ProjDateDiff([Start],Now())/ProjDateDiff([Start],[Finish]))),2,(IIf([Finish]>Now(),IIf([Start]>Now(),1,3),4))))))

And my test is this:

Since the only Project I have at this time is in spanish, I'm including a link for you to download the file where I created the formula so you can check it for yourself.

OldCalc is the field with your original formula

Stoplight is just the graphical indicator

NewCalc is my proposal

NewStoplight is just the same as Stoplight pointing to NewCalc.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8oxKezpKEIlOEHsIFUUGrnYxmkzA

Let me know if it works.

Rene Alvarez

• Marked as answer by triniman27 Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:58 PM

All replies

• Hello triniman27.

If you are just looking for an empty cell for a milestone, then you can add an IF like so:

IIf([Milestone],"", ...)

Substitute the elipsis with your current formula.

Also I would suggest the use of "Switch" instead multiple nested IIfs. It's easier to read and also better to manage.

Best regards.

Rene Alvarez

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:58 PM
  • Hello Rene, I tried what you said and i'm still not getting the results I need. Please see photo.

Initiation Phase Completed is a milestone with 0 duration. I do not want to see the blue indicator. If you could help that would be great.

Thank you

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:37 PM
  • Hello.

I've just copied your formula and changed it with my suggestion. My result is this formula:

IIf([Milestone],-1,IIf([Scheduled Duration]=0,(IIf([% complete]=100,5,IIf([Finish]<Now()+7 And [% complete]<100 And [% complete]>=80,3,IIf([Finish]<Now()+7 And [% complete]<80,4,1)))),IIf([% complete]=100,5,IIf([% complete]>=100*(Abs(ProjDateDiff([Start],Now())/ProjDateDiff([Start],[Finish]))),2,(IIf([Finish]>Now(),IIf([Start]>Now(),1,3),4))))))

And my test is this:

Since the only Project I have at this time is in spanish, I'm including a link for you to download the file where I created the formula so you can check it for yourself.

OldCalc is the field with your original formula

Stoplight is just the graphical indicator

NewCalc is my proposal

NewStoplight is just the same as Stoplight pointing to NewCalc.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8oxKezpKEIlOEHsIFUUGrnYxmkzA

Let me know if it works.

Rene Alvarez

• Marked as answer by triniman27 Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:11 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:58 PM
  • Thank you it does work!! Thanks again Rene!
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:11 PM
  • Glad I could help.

Best regards.

Rene Alvarez

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:15 PM