Error Message: To avoid service startup problems, wait 10 hours to ensure the key has replicated to all DCs before completing the Active Directory Federation Services Configuration Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to install and configure an ADFS on a Windows 2016 server for a demo I am doing later in the week. Everything is going OK, but I have received an error message that I'm not sure I should ignore. I've tried to find further information on the error without any luck.

The error message is:
    "The root key for the group Managed Service Account was created at 22/09/2017 12:19:55. If you have more than one domain controller in your Active Directory forest, the key may not yet have replicated to all domain controllers and therefore the service may not successfully install or start.  To avoid service startup problems, wait 10 hours to ensure the key has replicated to all DCs before completing the Active Directory Federation Services Configuration Wizard, executing Install-AdfsFarm or Add-AdfsFarmNode on any other servers in your network, or restarting any AD FS service."

Is this an error message that I can ignore as this is only demonstration network with just one Domain Controller.

I hope you can help
    Colin

• Edited by ceBlueSky Friday, September 22, 2017 1:03 PM
    Friday, September 22, 2017 1:02 PM