SCOM 2007 R2 reports Exchange 2010 DAG members "KHI: The database copy is not mounted on the local server. Another database copy may be mounted on a different server" RRS feed

• Question

• The databases in standby DAG member will report "KHI: The database copy is not mounted on the local server. Another database copy may be mounted on a different server." The error will result Exchange 2010 server to be in critical state in SCOM, which is very confusing. Those databases are reported healthy in Exchange management console. I'm wondering if this is designed to be, or this is bug in Exchange 2010 MP.

Some notable points here,

1. SCOM 2007 R2 is already patched with latest CU3.
    2. Agents are installed in both DAG members.
    3. Act as proxy is enabled in all DAG members.
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Answers

• This is by design in the current released version. You can try to disable the dependency monitor that makes this particular health roll-up, however, it will disable it for the active member as well.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:12 PM

All replies

• This is by design in the current released version. You can try to disable the dependency monitor that makes this particular health roll-up, however, it will disable it for the active member as well.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:30 AM
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Will this behaviro change in new version? This is very confusing in state view.
    Friday, January 7, 2011 5:07 PM
  • indeed, i to have just found this after importing the MP on Friday.  This MP needs some updates it seems as disabling it for the active member as well is kinda counter productive.  The MP needs to be more aware of what server a MB is running on.  Lets hope they update this soon.
    Stew
    Monday, January 10, 2011 6:19 AM
  • I'd like to add a request to change this behaviour too please. Sorry to sound overly critical, but it makes monitoring of servers in a DAG fairly pointless.
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Count me as another disgruntled "MOM guy" regarding this.  Uninstalled after one day.

Between this and the correlation engine, this bears more resemblance to kludgy 3rd party MPs.  Please put some more effort into the next release!

Left hand, meet right hand...right hand, left hand.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:24 PM
  • I had hoped they would fix this issue with the SP1 release of this MP, is this not the case?
    Stew
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:41 AM
  • So...Any word if this will be changed or left as is?
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Seriously!  If this is the level of workmanship to expect from MS on this product, I don't think I'll be using it anymore.  This is about as asinine as it gets.  A monitoring tool that generates an error because the DB is mounted on another server, and it knows it's mounted on the other server.  What's the point of generating an alert or even paying attention to any of the alerts!

Flipping waste of time with this PITA POS!

RS Roye HCP

Friday, March 30, 2012 10:21 PM
  • Does anyone know if this was resolved/addressed in the most recent release of the MP (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=692) ?
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:10 PM
  • This IS still an issue with the latest version of the MP 14.03.38.4.

Friday, September 27, 2013 3:28 AM