Windows 7 extremely slow after 60-90 minutes of use RRS feed

• Question

• My specs: Laptop is a HP Pavilion m6 Notebook PC
    AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.30 GHz Processor

6 GB RAM and 64-bit Operating System

So the problem I'm having with my Windows is like after a hour to a hour and a half of operating time my Windows slows down to a slow pace. For example on start-up if I hit Start and type "calculator" I'll have my letters typed in real-time whereas if I do the same say 80 minutes later it would give me the loading cursor and take about 5-10 seconds for the text to show up in the search box. I've already looked to see if my CPU and/or physical memory were the culprits yet they were both acting normally (CPU at 2%-10% and Physical at 25-30%). When Windows would start acting up the video game I would be playing at the time (League of Legends or Sid Meier's Civ 5) would become unresponsive or extremely slow. What is even more strange to me is that even though my Windows would be extremely slow my Google Chrome would be performing absolutely normal. For the meantime the only "duct tape" I have for this problem is restarting my laptop where I would get another 60-90 minutes of respectable operating time. I need assistance, I'm at my wit's end and I have no idea what to do after trying to search the internet for my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Trev

Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:44 PM

All replies

• In order to diagnose your problem you will need to download and install the below

Install the WPT (Windows Performance Toolkit) 
    Help with installation (if needed) is here

When you have, open an elevated command prompt and type the following 
    WPRUI.exe (which is the windows performance recorder) and check off the boxes for the following:

First level triage (if available), CPU usage, Disk IO.  

If your problem is not CPU or HD then check off the relevant box/s as well (for example networking or registry)  Please configure yours as per the below snip

Click Start

Let it run for 60 secs or more and save the file (it will show you where it is being saved and what the file is called)

Zip the file and upload to us on Onedrive (or any file sharing service) and give us a link to it in your next post.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:46 PM
  • Hi,

What is the situation by now?

In addition to what Team Zigzag suggested, we may take a try to Optimize Windows for better performance:

Optimize Windows for better performance

Please take the steps mentioned in the above article and see if Windows could work better.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:24 AM
  • Does this occur every time or just when you play the games?

Please always verify and test replies you get on this forum before applying them to a production environment!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:37 AM