none
Changed IP on DPM server breaks communication with only 1 agent - all others reconnect RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where we changed the IP address of the DPM server network.  Imodified the IP address of the DPM server itself.  The agent status goes to "Unknown" or "Unreachable" which is expected.  Clicked refresh on the agents and they all returned to a status of "OK" but one.  For this one agent, the protected server is reachable via ping, WMI (tested via wbemtest) and file/print sharing.  All those protocols works in both directions but the DPM server does not find it. 

Any suggestions?  

I can't even remove the agent properly now since I can't deselect items in the protection group.  I'm happy to "force" a removal and restart if that is possible.  Any directions on forcing a protected agent to be removed from DPM?

Rob
    • Moved by Larry Yin Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:51 PM (From:DPM 2012 Beta - Locked)
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:45 AM

Answers

• The issue was actually pretty easy.  The problem computer was a member of a NLB cluster (multicast) even though the IP used by DPM was not the cluster IP.  This cluster seemed to have communication issues after the IP change until a reboot was done.  Odd, but identifiable.  
    Rob
    • Marked as answer by ip-rob Friday, January 6, 2012 1:09 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 1:09 AM