App-V package won't start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Today a package that has been working fine will no longer start. Client version is 5 SP1. Looking at the logs below it looks like a permissions issue?

Event ID:      14021
    Task Category: Streaming
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Streaming
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:     
    Description:
    Content required by an application could not be retrieved from the network. A request for file C:\App-V Packages\25BE10A3-32EE-4941-A894-4AF9B96B8EF2\E07A140F-18AF-44B3-97FA-267DB75A42AA\Root\swcli7.exe from package version {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} failed with error Access is denied..  Check your network connection and try again.

Event ID:      14023
    Task Category: Streaming
    Level:         Information
    Keywords:      Streaming
    User:          SYSTEM
    Computer:     
    Description:
    A request for the file C:\App-V Packages\25BE10A3-32EE-4941-A894-4AF9B96B8EF2\E07A140F-18AF-44B3-97FA-267DB75A42AA\Root\swcli7.exe from process 0x464 is being processed as SYSTEM since no suitable user token could be found.

Regards,

Nick

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes, that is a setting that you configure within the application model.

Unfortunately that setting does not tell the state of this specific package on this specific client.

If you run the following powershell commands;

set-executionpolicy remotesignyed

import-module appvclient

get-appvclientpackage

Is the specific package, which you are experiencing problems with, fully cached on the client?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Is the package cached locally ? If not, try to cache everything locally

Does both the user and the computer account have access to the package where it is set to stream from?

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:30 PM
  • Package is deployed via SCCM 2012 and is set to "download content from disirbution point and run locally".

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:49 PM
  • Hello,

Yes, that is a setting that you configure within the application model.

Unfortunately that setting does not tell the state of this specific package on this specific client.

If you run the following powershell commands;

set-executionpolicy remotesignyed

import-module appvclient

get-appvclientpackage

Is the specific package, which you are experiencing problems with, fully cached on the client?

Monday, January 13, 2014 2:51 PM
  • Was this problem solved?

I am getting "SYSTEM since no suitable user token could be found." error.

This happens with every app-v packages on the computer.

If I open cmd.exe inside the package I can start programs like notepad etc. If i try to start program that is set as virtual application it don't start. I have set iexplore.exe as virtual application in one package and there i am unable start it. In another package i can start iexplore.exe inside package.

Tested with App-V Client 5.0 sp2 and sp2 hotfix 5

www.ictmanuaali.net

Friday, November 7, 2014 3:32 PM
  • I recommend to open a new thread as your problem seems to have another error message/characteristics as the original one

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Friday, November 7, 2014 5:34 PM
  • Hi guys

I'm getting the same error with App-V Client 5.0 SP3

didn't understand from this thread what exactly I need to check

many clients have this error. when I check it locally on my machine I have 4 packages published to my user

after a logon - I have like 15 error messages of: Event ID: 14021 on files from 2 out of 4 of my packages.

when I run Get-AppVClientPackage I see the 4 of the packages and all with 0 percentloaded

I must add I use a full App-V infrastructure environment and we're using SharedContentStore

thanks

Tamir Levy

Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:37 AM
  • In my case problem was f-secure antivirus and it's enhanced process monitoring features.

www.ictmanuaali.net

Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:49 AM
  • Interesting. we use McAfee

as far as I remember, App-V 5.0 doesn't have any antivirus exclusion recommendations...

Tamir Levy

Sunday, July 19, 2015 10:29 AM
  • I exclude the PackageInstallationRoot from McAfee. 
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:52 PM