Error Message:"The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've mapped my site to My Network Places before so that I can save documents directly to the various SharePoint sites that I manage, but now it is not working. I deleted the mapped one that I had and tried to redo it but now I get an error that says "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another." Do you know any other way of accomplishing this or what I am doing wrong? Is this no longer an option (I first did this back in March of this year and have been using it ever since. Then it stopped working a few months ago)?

Navaneetha
    <input id="36172ead-3671-4956-9cba-1f04512ac37f_attachments" type="hidden" />

Navaneetha
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The other way to do this is to use explorer view that works in the same way.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, November 28, 2011 3:57 AM
  • Hi

Could you please explain it. Is it to open the lists using 'Open With Windows Explorer'?

Navaneetha
    Monday, November 28, 2011 12:24 PM
  • Hi,

Yes it is that only 

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:37 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for the help. Actually there a several issues going on here:
    a.  I cannot use Actions -> Open With Windows Explorer in SharePoint,
    b. I cannot pull up the SharePoint Network Folder under Network Places in Windows Explorer,
    c. I cannot use New -> New Document in SharePoint.

Will these issues be resolved by installing any softwares????? Please advise. 

Navaneetha
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:49 AM
  • Hi Navaneetha,

Can you please check this - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907306

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Proposed as answer by Pratik Vyas Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by star.warsModerator Wednesday, December 7, 2011 2:29 AM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:53 AM
  • Hi

The error still persists. Is there any other way the error can be rectified.

Please advise.

Navaneetha
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:29 AM