HTC 8X Caught in bootloop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

The newest Windows Phone 10 Mobile build released today and I was elated to find that it supported the HTC 8x. So naturally I hurried to install it (perhaps a mistake?).

After downloading and prepping for the installation the phone rebooted to the "gears" screen. The progress bar loaded fully and the phone rebooted (as it usually does when installing a new update). This time instead of going to the configuration page which it usually does on an update, the phone started booting and rebooting. It will boot through the HTC and Verizon Splash screens, then a black screen appears for a second, the phone vibrates and reboots.

Hope someone can give me some help!

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi again!In case anyone else encounters issues with their HTC 8x boot looping after Win 10 M install here is what I did to fix it (And get Win 10!)

I followed these directions while it was boot looping to factory reset http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rohitsingh/archive/2013/01/29/how-to-fix-the-windows-phone-8-reboot-problem-on-htc-8-x.aspx

After the phone finished factory resetting it booted (to my surprise) into Win 10. For me the display scale seems off (everything is tiny!) but it seems to work well enough.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:04 AM
  • As you probably learned, we got the update by mistake. I went out and bought a Lumia 928 and I have 10166 working fairly well on the slow ring. Anyone else using Lumia 928. How does 10546 work for y'all?
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 1:13 AM
  • It doesn't, after I got it installed and it booted to Win10 things seemed okay, but the phone reboots every few minutes without warning. So pretty much un-usable. I ended up ditching it and picking up a Lumia 640 and switching the SIM over to it.
    Saturday, October 10, 2015 4:24 AM