none
Skipping Custom Wizard in MDT-LiteTouch Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have one deployment share in which I generate media from to create a gold image, sysprep and capture, and than a deployment where the gold image and other things are performed. As part of the deployment of the Gold Image, I want to incorporate a custom wizard to prompt if the user wants to wipe the hard drive as I need to accomplish something greater than the included reformat once. It needs to obviously run before the format and partitioning occurs, and I only want it to appear in one of my three media. 

I have created a custom XML file, made the entry DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml, and can successfully acknowledged the variable ("DoSanitize") value where I need to in my task sequence.... however, I am unable to skip the custom wizard the way I am with other pre-defined wizards. I have made the condition to skip it and I have placed the condition in my customsettings.ini. 

How can I skip a custom wizard if the variable is set in customsettings.ini?

Entry added to the customsettings.ini for the media I want to skip
    ======================================

SkipSanitize=YES

Entry added to DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml

<Pane id="SanitizeHardDrive" reference="DeployWiz_SanitizeDrive.xml">
    <Condition><![CDATA[UCASE(Property("SkipSanitize"))<>"YES"]]></Condition>
    </Pane>

Contents of DeployWiz_SanitizeDrive.xml

<Wizard>
      <Global>
      </Global>
      <Pane id="SanitizeHardDrive" title="Sanitize Hard Drive">
        <Body><![CDATA[
                    <H1>Do you want to sanitize the Hard Drive?</H1>
    <table>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <input type=radio name="DoSanitize" id="CaptureRadio1" Value="YES">
    </td>
    <td>
    <Label class="Larger" for=CaptureRadio1 language=vbscript >Sanitize the Hard Drive.</Label>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>
    <input type=radio name="DoSanitize" id="CaptureRadio2" Value="NO" checked>
    </td>
    <td>
    <Label class="Larger" for=CaptureRadio1 language=vbscript >Do not sanitize the Hard Drive.</Label>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>]]></Body>
        <Condition><![CDATA[UCASE(Property("SkipSanitize"))<>"YES" or UCase(Property("DeploymentType"))<>"CAPTURE"]]></Condition>
      </Pane>
    </Wizard>

The only end user facing media will have the Sanitize Drive option available so it is not show stopper, but more of an OCD thing for me. 

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:10 AM