none
need to reattach DPM client located on DMZ every 2 months RRS feed

• Question

• I have two servers on a DMZ that are being protected by DPM.  Every two months on both of them I need to reattach the DPM client with the DPM server by running the following PS script: Attach-NonDomainServer.ps1  

1. Why is this happening?

2. Any way to alter this behavior?

Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

please check your configured user for this, mostly, the User will expire an thats the reason to reattach SCPDM Agent.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, July 15, 2016 4:56 AM
  • That is not the case.  The DMZ machines are not part of the domain and the local account for DPM is set to have the password to never expire.
    Friday, July 15, 2016 12:34 PM
  • Michael, the password is set to never expire, any ideas what else could be happening here?
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:26 PM
  • Check pls local account  on DPM Server too. Both local account must be set to never expire.
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:45 AM
  • Vern1k, this may have been it, I set the local accounts on the DPM server to never expire (quite frankly I did not realize they existed in the realm of the OS).  I will mark my calendar for an update in 3 months time.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:58 PM