Upgradation of Win 10 home to WIN 10 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Team,

My Name is Karun Kumar & I have just purchase a new Laptop with win 10 Home Single Language. Now i want to run Solid Works on it but it is not compatible with Win 10 home edition. So i want to upgrade it to WIn 10 Pro. Pls help me to get it close.

Regards,

Karun Kumar 

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See if the steps mentioned here helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-upgrade-windows-10-home-to-pro

Let us know if this helps!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, December 4, 2017 1:25 PM
  • To upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 10 product key:

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & security  > Activation.
    2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.
    3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

or you can use dism cmmand

Dism /Online /Get-CurrentEdition (Displays the edition of the specified image, means your current system edition)

Dism /Online /Get-TargetEditions (Displays a list of Windows editions that an image can be changed to)

Dism /online /Set-Edition: <edition name> /AcceptEula /ProductKey:12345-67890-12345-67890-12345 (The pro license key)

Monday, December 4, 2017 9:41 PM
  • Hi Karun,

First of all, this is a public forum, please do not post any privacy information(like product key, phone number etc) here to avoid revealing your privacy.

Then let's back to your problem. To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need a valid product key or a digital license for Windows 10 Pro for the device you're upgrading. You'll have a digital license if Windows 10 Pro was already installed and activated on your device.

Note:

If you don't have a product key or a digital license, you can buy Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Update & security   > Activation, and then select Go to Microsoft Store.

For more information, please read this official guide:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:37 AM