Exchange 2016 - can't find the /owa/auth.owa - error 404 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have promblem to access the page /owa/auth.owa, after logon to the owa. Can't find the page. The email works, but I can't access the website.

Email in and out is OK on phone, but not outlook and web, where I need to put in the username and password.

Can't reach the owa page using "domain\owa" I need to use "domain\owa\auth\logon.aspx"

I changed the internal and external url. from xxx.xxxx.xx to exch.domain.no

Please help me with this problem.

This happen on both owa and ecp after login.

Best regards

Atle76

Friday, June 26, 2020 1:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Atle,

Please make sure that the authentication is set to Basic Authentication and Forms Authentication is disabled on OWA and ECP virtual directly in IIS. After the above settings, please restart IIS by running IISReset /noforce command.

Friday, June 26, 2020 3:25 PM
  • Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to do that, but I still have the same problem. Any other sugestion?

Atle76

Atle76

Friday, June 26, 2020 5:06 PM
  • Hi again.

I recreated the owa and ecp virutaldirectories, and now I can enter the url for xx.domain/owa and ecp, but I have another problem.

After recreating this virdir I can't access them with my username and password.

Error: Wrong username or password. Please try again.

When I try entering the ecp, it redirect me to the owa page after i tried typing username and password. The page is not longer the ecp but owa.

I am running Windows Server 2016 and Exchange Server 2016.

What do I have to do??

Atle76

• Edited by Atle76 Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:46 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2020 5:23 AM
  • Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:11 AM
  • Hi.

I tried to use this command:

set-Owavirtualdirectory -identity "E15MBX\owa (Exchange Back End)" -WindowsAuthentication $True -Basicauthentication $false -Formsauthentication $false

I recived this error:

The operation couldn't be performed because object 'E15MBX\owa (Exchange Back End)' couldn't be found on 'LBRL-Server.l
    brl.local'.
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-OwaVirtualDirectory], ManagementObjectNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=LBRL-SERVER,RequestId=c56de1b7-e477-4456-ae2e-3df4aca70178,TimeStamp=27.06.2020
       06.22.26] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-ManagementObjectNotFoundException] DA0B1B50,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.System
      ConfigurationTasks.SetOwaVirtualDirectory
        + PSComputerName        : lbrl-server.lbrl.local

Atle76

• Edited by Atle76 Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:50 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2020 6:23 AM

• [PS] C:\WINDOWS\system32>Get-OwaVirtualDirectory “LBRL-Server\owa (Default Web Site)”|select-object InternalUrl, Externa
    lUrl, BasicAuthentication,WindowsAuthentication,DigestAuthentication, FormsAuthentication
    >>

InternalUrl           : https://localhost/owa
    ExternalUrl           : https://exch.likollenborettslag.no/owa
    BasicAuthentication   : False
    WindowsAuthentication : False
    DigestAuthentication  : False
    FormsAuthentication   : False

[PS] C:\WINDOWS\system32>Get-EcpVirtualDirectory “LBRL-Server\ecp (Default Web Site)”|select-object InternalUrl, Externa
    lUrl, BasicAuthentication,WindowsAuthentication,DigestAuthentication, FormsAuthentication
    >>

InternalUrl           : https://localhost/ecp
    ExternalUrl           : https://exch.likollenborettslag.no/ecp
    BasicAuthentication   : False
    WindowsAuthentication : False
    DigestAuthentication  : False
    FormsAuthentication   : False

When I now try to login on the owa and ecp.. I am back to basic on this case.. error 404.. 

Atle76

• Edited by Atle76 Saturday, June 27, 2020 8:03 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2020 7:58 AM
  • kindly enable the basic authentication

Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:50 AM
  • Settings in IIS

Ana Auth = Disabled

ASP.NET Imp = Disabled

Basic Auth = Enabled

Digest Auth = Dis

Forms Auth = Dis

Windows Auth = Enabled

Atle76

• Edited by Atle76 Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:43 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:36 AM
  • Hi.

I still have problems with username and password:

Invalid username or password. Please try again.

And the ecp site redirect me to owa after I tried to login

Atle76

Saturday, June 27, 2020 11:38 AM
  • Hi,

What's your Exchange server CU version? 

Does the error 'Invalid username or password' occurs on both OWA and ECP or just ECP?

Please check the configuration of HTTP redirection in IIS like the below link mentioned:

https://exchange-server-guide.blogspot.com/2017/01/ecp-redirects-to-owa-in-exchange.html

You could also refer to this thread discussed the similar issue, check if you get any error logs in event viewer:

ECP & OWA aren't working - “Incorrect username/password”

After making some changes to web.config files, the issue resolved.

Please Note: Since the web sites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2020 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Atle76 Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:10 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2020 10:51 PM