none
O365 HCW Minimal version - TXT records not replicated or missing err

Question

• Hello Experts,

How does TXT record affect O365 hybrid migration.
    I am trying to run the HCW minimal version and getting a msg at the domain ownership part of the wizard. Attached screenshot.

1- We are running HCW to create to send/receive connectors
    2- We want mail to flow to our on premise first the get redirected to the cloud once we start migration the mailboxes

How does the TXT configuration work and how does it affect the mail-flow?

Thanks.
    Monday, September 18, 2017 3:43 PM

All replies

• TXT record is one of the option to prove ownership of domain you are trying to add to your O365 tenant.

ideally you have to add all required domain to EXO and verify the ownership before you run HCW.

Thanks, AJ

Monday, September 18, 2017 3:50 PM
  • Thank you. So given i am recieving an error saying unable to find TXT either it was not repliacted correctly or not added. Where and how do i make sure i am not adding the wrong pointer? i want to keep the mail flowing to our on premise than goes to o365?

thank you

Monday, September 18, 2017 9:19 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

The HCW has a lot of dependencies and relies on various prerequisites for a successful completion. Includes to add an external TXT record for the HCW to create the Federation Trust.

In your DNS, you have to create a TXT record for each of your domains, with a value corresponding to the token generated in the HCW. After having created the TXT records, you should wait for a while so that the records propagate throughout the network. When the TTL (time to live) has passed, click on “I have created a TXT record for each token in DNS” and “verify domain ownership”. The Exchange Hybrid Configuration Wizard will check whether the tokens are visible on your domain’s DNS.

Refer to “TXT proof string issues” in the blog: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2015/09/04/introducing-the-microsoft-office-365-hybrid-configuration-wizard/

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:59 AM