vista home premium won't upgrade to ultimate 32bit RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to upgrade to ultimate only to have a path way to get to windows 7 professional without losing my data... and when I try this I can't even get the install started it immediately says I can't upgrade to a older verison of vista.... any ideas...
    Friday, November 12, 2010 12:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to confirm that if you are trying to use the Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade the Vista Home Premium to Ultimate edition.

If the above is the case, please understand that Windows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available for Windows Vista.

Reference:

Upgrade to another edition of Windows Vista

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 22, 2010 2:45 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 7:13 AM

All replies

• You would be better off just upgrading to Windows 7 Ultimate.  Even if you were to upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate, you can't then upgrade to Windows 7 Professional.  Only Windows 7 Ultimate edition can perform a direct upgrade from Windows Vista Ultimate edition.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

First, I would like to confirm that if you are trying to use the Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade the Vista Home Premium to Ultimate edition.

If the above is the case, please understand that Windows Anytime Upgrade is no longer available for Windows Vista.

Reference:

Upgrade to another edition of Windows Vista

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 22, 2010 2:45 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 7:13 AM