Export mailbox to pst extracts only empty folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am trying to export a mailbox to pst file in certain range, the commands runs successfully but only extracts the folder structure  without any mails, i am running the below command, am i doing anything wrong in the below script?

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox jgeorge -ContentFilter {(Received -gt "08/01/2017") -and (
    Received -lt "08/01/2018")} -FilePath "\\filesrv01\pst\jgeorge.pst"

Regards

ITGeek

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Friday, November 30, 2018 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hello,

There is no any problem with your command, I checked the commands out, but couldn't see any problem. Let me know you, if you don't use the date range, are you able to export the whole emails?

I meant, do you have to permission to export the pst to the file both user and folder?

Firstly, you need to the run the Exchange PowerShell as an Administrator.

This command, which I shared at the below, is the same as yours. In the PowerShell uses the zone like the month, the day and the year.

New-MailboxExportRequest  -Mailbox AliasName -ContentFilter {(Received -gt 'MM.DD.YY') -and (Received -lt 'MM.DD.YY')} -FilePath xxxxxx

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by ITSysGuy Monday, December 3, 2018 6:38 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hello,

There is no any problem with your command, I checked the commands out, but couldn't see any problem. Let me know you, if you don't use the date range, are you able to export the whole emails?

I meant, do you have to permission to export the pst to the file both user and folder?

Firstly, you need to the run the Exchange PowerShell as an Administrator.

This command, which I shared at the below, is the same as yours. In the PowerShell uses the zone like the month, the day and the year.

New-MailboxExportRequest  -Mailbox AliasName -ContentFilter {(Received -gt 'MM.DD.YY') -and (Received -lt 'MM.DD.YY')} -FilePath xxxxxx

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by ITSysGuy Monday, December 3, 2018 6:38 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 11:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply, i am running this from exchange admin account, do i need to give permission for the exchange admin account also on the mailbox?

TechGUy,System Administrator.

Friday, November 30, 2018 11:30 AM
  • If you are using the Administrator account, you don't need to give any permission. If you are using another administrator account, which was created later, you need to give permission to the user account for this progress.

New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role "Mailbox Import Export" –User Administrator

Have a great day.

Friday, November 30, 2018 2:33 PM