Windows 7 slow to shut down RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have Windows 7 professional in a domain environment.

For the first time of Windows 7 shut down, it will take 10 minutes to shut down. 

However, if I choose to reboot the PC in the first time (the first logoff still take 10 minutes), the logoff and shut down process is quite normal in the second and the later time .

Anything we can check?

Sunday, June 8, 2014 2:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I think this problem probably caused by some application process or service doesn't shutdown correctly and eventually, cost long time to close system.

Please check Task Manager before you close system, end all 3rd application process which is running.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:36 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 6:31 AM

All replies

• Check if this works : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/de660b74-5702-4a31-b97b-e11102a384cc/windows-7-professional-slow-shut-down?forum=w7itproperf

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, June 8, 2014 5:58 AM
  • Hi

1- please turn off windows update

2- Installing CCleaner program and mark all check box. and Run Cleaner.

3- ( Windows+R )= RUN --> cmd :

and Enter this texts:  " ipconfig/flushdns " and enter, then  " ipconfig/registerdns "
                 ---> for freeing your Cache <---

Ipconfigs

Future is mine!

Sunday, June 8, 2014 10:18 AM
  • I have tried this and this does not help.

Still the first logoff is slow and takes 10 minutes.

Any idea for this?

Monday, June 9, 2014 4:25 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I think this problem probably caused by some application process or service doesn't shutdown correctly and eventually, cost long time to close system.

Please check Task Manager before you close system, end all 3rd application process which is running.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:36 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 6:31 AM