FCS interfering with services on OCS 2007 R2 server? RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone aware of any compatibility issues with FCS and OCS 2007 R2 front end servers?  Keep in mind I'm talking about the regular forefront client installed on the server and not the Forefront for OCS product. 

The OCS team is suggesting that FCS might be interfering services loading etc. but I have not read anything about a problem or seen it.   Could anyone also point me in the right direction in terms of things I can do to eliminate FCS from the picture as a suspect?

Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as  I now, there is no document or people report that FCS is “interfere” with OCS 2007 R2. If anything related to FCS, please feel free to contract us.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:40 AM

All replies

• Can you share your service request id as we probably can collaborate with the OCS team to see where they're coming from.

Oguzhan Filizlibay | Security Escalation Engineer | Microsoft EMEA CSS Security
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:51 PM
  • To be completely honest I'm not sure what my service request id is.  What are you referring to?
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:03 PM
  • You mentioned the OCS team in your original post, is that a team internal to your organization? or part of the Microsoft CSS OCS Support team?

Oguzhan Filizlibay | Security Escalation Engineer | Microsoft EMEA CSS Security
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Oh, it's our internal OCS folks. 
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as  I know, there is no document or people report that FCS is “interfere” with OCS 2007 R2. If anything related to FCS, please feel free to contract us.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As far as  I now, there is no document or people report that FCS is “interfere” with OCS 2007 R2. If anything related to FCS, please feel free to contract us.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
  • I would tell them to open a case with our OCS CTS support.. if our OCS guys say it's FCS :) then they can get with us to find out what is going on.  Following up on what Nick already said I personally have not heard of any issues with OCS either but that definitely doesn't mean it couldn't happen :)
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Friday, April 2, 2010 7:57 PM