Compatibility issue Skype and Lync 2013 centralised logging tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I have a customer with 11 sites, Front End in DC is Skype for Business and some sites have been deployed with AudioCodes Lync 2013 SBA whereas other have been deployed with Skype for Business SBS. The problem is that when I try to collect logs from Front End Skype for Business through Centralised Logging Tool I have only errors in the file (Only with Lync 2013 SBA's):

However, if I make RDP to the SBA and run Centralised tool there, I can have a valid log file. This is not happening with SBS Skype for Business.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Joaquin Gonzalez,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Please check the configuration of the Centralized Logging Service in Skype for Business 2015, for details, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688145.aspx

Make sure your centralized logging tool is the latest update.

Hope this reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 27, 2017 6:27 AM
  • Hi Alice,

I have checked the configuration of the service. As I mentioned in the post, the service works fine within Skype for Business 2015 version, only Lync 2013 servers have this issue.

Last version of the tool and last CU were installed.

Thanks for your answer!

Monday, January 30, 2017 2:16 PM
  • Hi Joaquin Gonzalez,

Please check the prerequisites for CLS Logger.

To successfully use the CLS Logger, you'll need to make sure that the following are true:

You are using the tool on a computer that is a member of the domain where the Centralized Logging Service (CLS) is running. The tool is not currently supported in Remote PowerShell sessions.

The Default.xml file from the tracing folder (the folder where tracing data is captured for the CLS) and Snooper must be copied in to the same folder where the CLS Logger tool is installed.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 9:47 AM