Exchange 2010 Console not open. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have install Exchange server 2010 SP3 on Windows server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. Then i have upgrade License key from STD to ENT Edition for windows server 2008 R2. after License upgrade Exchange 2010 Management Console not opening. Please suggest

Sunday, March 8, 2015 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please ran Winrm Quickconfig to check this issue.

If it doesn’t work, run this command to locate listeners and the addresses:

Winrm e winrm/config/listener 

And check if you are able to make the Winrm Query on Port 5985.

In case if you get any error messages Paste the same.

Then this issue may be caused that you are facing is due to the A/V software that is installed. Though the A/V is disabled, there will be handles which wouldn't have been released by A/V software. Have you considered uninstalling the A/V Software and checked? this will be known when you run winrm e winrm/config/listener

So please disable or uninstall A/V to check this issue.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:09 AM

All replies

• have you tired reboot your server and check? because winRM is having some problem it seems.

Regards John

• Proposed as answer by Johnpaul J Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:36 PM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:06 PM
  • Hi Parvez,
    As suggested by Johnpaul please try after restarting the server. If doesn't fix your issue please try Exchange Management Console Troubleshooter.
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Exchange-Management-b9d918b1

Please check this URL for the steps
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/12/07/3411644.aspx

Thanks, MAS
    Please mark as helpful if you find my comment helpful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:28 PM
  • yes i have reboot the server several time but not worked
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 4:23 PM
  • Hi,

Please ran Winrm Quickconfig to check this issue.

If it doesn’t work, run this command to locate listeners and the addresses:

Winrm e winrm/config/listener 

And check if you are able to make the Winrm Query on Port 5985.

In case if you get any error messages Paste the same.

Then this issue may be caused that you are facing is due to the A/V software that is installed. Though the A/V is disabled, there will be handles which wouldn't have been released by A/V software. Have you considered uninstalling the A/V Software and checked? this will be known when you run winrm e winrm/config/listener

So please disable or uninstall A/V to check this issue.

Best Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 9, 2015 8:09 AM