Issues with Skype for Business 2016 and Conexant ISST Audio RRS feed

• Question

• I have several users that are experiencing audio issues when trying to use Skype for Business 2016.   The issue is that when they Skype call out to a contact their mic and speakers or just microphone will not work.   The microphone not working is the most common issue.   However, they can have a contact call them and their microphone and speakers will function normally.   They can also join a scheduled Skype Meeting with no problems.

Here are the steps that I've tried to correct the issue:

1. Quick Repair of Office 2016.
    2. Full Repair of Office 2016.
    3. Full removal of all Office products and reinstall of Office 2016.
    4. Update to latest sound drivers Conexant ISST Audio 9.0.100.99 -- this causes both microphone and speakers to not function at all.
    5. Revert sound drivers for Conexant ISST Audio to 9.0.100.63 -- this allows for the user to be able to recieve Skype calls but not be able to make Skype calls.
    6. Full removal of all sound drivers - restart - allow Microsoft to reinstall drivers.

None of the items above have fully corrected the issue and it appears to be a specific issue with the Conexant ISST Audio drivers used by HP.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?

Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi jhopkinspt,

In order to narrow down the issue, please help us confirm the following questions:
    1. Did you have this issue with SFB 2015 and Lync 2013?
    2. After you update the sound drivers to latest, can you use the microphone with other software, such as Skype application?

For this issue, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1. Use another normal computer test if there is the same issue.
    2. On your computer, please try to perform a clean boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    3. After you update the sound driver to latest, if you can’t use the microphone with other software neither, please try to contact HP.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 3, 2017 2:45 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Our business didn't use SFB 2015 or Lync 2013.   This was a new transition for us from just using regular Skype.   The issue does not occur with regular Skype on the same laptops experiencing the SFB 2016 issue.

After updating to the latest drivers, users can still use their microphones through other applications such as regular Skype.   They can also join Skype for Business Meetings with no issue.

We have other users using different brands of laptops (including myself) and we experience no issue while using SFB 2016.   For example, I am using a laptop that is using Realtek audio drivers.

The laptops experiencing the issues are brand new laptops that we purchased recently and Office 365 was the only applications installed other than Google Chrome.

I've contacted HP and HP has said that it appears to be an issue with the SFB application.

Thank you,

John Hopkins.

Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:48 PM
  • Hi jhopkinspt,

Thanks for your response.

Did you try to perform a clean boot on your issued computer?

If the issue persists, please try to uninstall the sound driver and reinstall it, then test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, March 10, 2017 2:53 AM
    Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:06 AM