ABOUT MANAGEMENT PACK??? RRS feed

• Question

• CAN ANY 1 TELL ME WHICH MICROSOFT PRODUCTS.HAVE NO MANAGEMENT PACK FOR SCOM ????
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 6:46 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure how kicking heads is going to drive developers to make better MP's.  I think the best way to drive this would be logging bugs with PSS and on Connect.  ;-)
    Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Monday, March 7, 2011 5:19 PM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:50 AM

All replies

• Yes.  ADRMS (but one is coming), Print & fax for server 2008 or later.  Most client desktop products.  Some non-server division server products.  Old products (> 5 years since shipped)
    Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:40 PM
  • I want to sort-of add SCCM2007; the MP is a converted MP (from MOM2005), so I'm not sure it counts as a real SCOM MP.
    "Fear disturbs your concentration"
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:31 PM
  • a table I'd like to see would be for all the compnents  of windows (print, AD, DNS, DHCP, Cert, file, etc etc etc) , does a MP exist for it, does the MP support 2008R2, and is the MP converted.

I might start work on that actually..

Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:32 AM
  • I want to sort-of add SCCM2007; the MP is a converted MP (from MOM2005), so I'm not sure it counts as a real SCOM MP.

it's probably a safe bet (unfortunatly) that SCCM 2007 MP will remain a converted MP, and SCCM v.next will be the vehicle they use to update to a native MP.

Of course, if SCCM V.next ships and they release a MP for it that still needs the conversion crap, then someone needs to kick heads.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 1:36 AM
  • I'm not sure how kicking heads is going to drive developers to make better MP's.  I think the best way to drive this would be logging bugs with PSS and on Connect.  ;-)
    Regards, Blake Email: mengotto<at>hotmail.com Blog: http://discussitnow.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Monday, March 7, 2011 5:19 PM
    Monday, March 7, 2011 5:50 AM