Windows 10 now not function well with office applications RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 10 on auto update install and this up to date as of today.  In the last couple of days I have had problems with outlook client syncing with my various outlook and gmail accounts online. As I could see the office product I was using is about to expire on May 25th. I uninstalled this programme completely from my PC and then went to my microsoft account through the web browser, to download 365 personal office, which on my accounts states that it doesn't expire until Feb 2021.

I was able to download the exe file for this application, but my system took a very long time more than 10 minutes to open the file to start the installation, I had disabled my firewall so the install could take place.  Once I had got the application installed on the machine, I had problems trying to sign in to my microsoft account when opening the application it was constantly trying to make a connection and not making it.  I tried to open outlook to add my email accounts again it would not connect to open the application.

I have the Microsoft support and recovery assistant on my machine, but when I try to use it hangs on while trying to connect. 

With Skpye and Windows file explorer and One drive everything is working fine. And also the browsers are working ok on my PC. Can anyone give me an idea what the problem is ,  Windows 10 recent updates or the Office programme.  I don't believe it is a hardware issue because everything else seems to function ok.

Can anyone advise what my next steps should be thank you.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:48 PM