After upgrade to Windows 10, I can't access mapped drive from some apps RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my PC from Win 7 Pro to Windows 10.  I used a mapped drive to external source for some data.  After the upgrade I have no issue accessing the mapped drive from Windows Explorer or MS Office apps but not from one application.  I get the following error show below.  I have run app in both standard and admin mode.  I have done the regedit for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System create Dword EnableLinkedConnections value 1.

The application is Connectwise if that matters.  Anyone have a solution?

Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please let me know that your connectwise is client version or mobile version?

According to current information, it seems that the connection in this APP could be corrupted. We can try following steps to check this issue:

1. Re-map your network drive and see if you can connect via this app.

2. Install the update patches for your connectwise and see if this issue can be fixed: https://university.connectwise.com/university/Authentication/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fUniversity%2fBulletin%2fBulletinDetail.aspx%3fBulletinId%3d126&BulletinId=126

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

3. For mobile version, let's try powershell command below to do the re-register:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. For desktop version, try to use the installation media to do the repair.

For further troubleshooting, post back the detailed event log and more description of your issue and apps for our research.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, July 1, 2016 5:47 AM