none
Timesheet and current tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Timesheet displays all the tasks for this week: OK. But it also displays many tasks which are finished several weeks ago :  Remaining work = 0h.

For these tasks I used : Import / Replace Actual with Planned, then I clicked Send status, and the in the validation page i accepted all tasks updates.

But these tasks are still in my timesheet...

Any idea?

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• OK, than I understand ;-), playing with the system does create a lot of strange data in some cases.

If your timesheet was created while this task was not 100% complete, a timesheet line was created for this task while timesheet creation. To remove this task from reporting period (ACtual Finish in the past), will not delete this line. I am quite sure, that this line will not be there, if you delete your timesheet and create it now. Could you please check?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

have you published the plan after approval?

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:49 PM
  • This issue concerns a lot of projects because I made many tests without any actuals.

I just re-published 3 of them... and their tasks (100% complete) are still in my timesheet.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:23 PM
  • OK, than I understand ;-), playing with the system does create a lot of strange data in some cases.

If your timesheet was created while this task was not 100% complete, a timesheet line was created for this task while timesheet creation. To remove this task from reporting period (ACtual Finish in the past), will not delete this line. I am quite sure, that this line will not be there, if you delete your timesheet and create it now. Could you please check?

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 6:32 PM
  • Barbara,

As usual, you are right! The completed tasks disappeared from my  timesheet!

Thanks a lot. It was not obvious !

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Hi,

it was not that obvious, I agree. But it was similar in 2007 - if a line is there, it will be kept until timesheet re-creation. I think you have never run into it in 2007, since you never have a data situation like your current one in a productive environment.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:05 PM