none
Adding Icon/Link for Offline Installation of Client Components in UAG Beta RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm currenlty running IAG 2007, and got a hefty instruction manual from my reseller detaling how to customize both my "internalsite" and "portalhomepage"  I've been able to apply some of the knowledge and instructions to the beta version of UAG that I'm running for testing, however I've hit a roadblock.

I'm wanting to add the option for users to install/reinstall the client components from the portalhome page once they are logged into the portal.  In IAG 2007 you could enable this by making a change to the .../portalhomepage/inc/customdefault.inc and placing this into the "customupdate" directory in the /inc directory.

Well first major problem, there is no "inc" directory inside the "portalhomepage" directory.  There IS a "offlineinstallation.gif" inside .../portalhomepage/images/toolbar  so I assume that the ability to "turn on" this feature is included somewhere, but I cannot locate the equivilant .inc file to the one mentioned above so that I can do this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

·        Locate the file Web.sitemap in the …\von\PortalHomaPage\Data\SiteMap\Toolbar folder

·        Copy it to the adjacent CustomUpdate folder

·        Edit the file and uncomment the last section of this file (make sure you're not breaking the XML syntax)

That should do it.

HTH,

-Ran

• Marked as answer by kfyhr Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:36 PM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 9:16 PM