none
UNREADABLE BARCODE TAPE IN DRIVE DPM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with an unreadable barcode in one of my drive. It's a Tl400.

Console Administration show drive empty in manage library and System Status shows an error in drive. DPM show drive in use for several days.

I tried to identify, remove and clean the unreadable tape, also inventory both, the library and the dpm server but nothing works.

Fron the panel of the library I went to the option Manage-Move-Drive-to I/o Station but unit is busy al the time.

Other Library Services show : Incomp. Medium

can any help me,

thank you,

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I have a problem with an unreadable barcode in one of my drive. It's a Tl400.

Console Administration show drive empty in manage library and System Status shows an error in drive. DPM show drive in use for several days.

I tried to identify, remove and clean the unreadable tape, also inventory both, the library and the dpm server but nothing works.

Fron the panel of the library I went to the option Manage-Move-Drive-to I/o Station but unit is busy al the time.

Other Library Services show : Incomp. Medium

can any help me,

thank you,

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

Please work with the tape library vendor - it sounds like it is not functioning properly.

You can also check compatibility with DPM using the following:

Verifying tape library compatibility
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj733581.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:11 PM