BF1.exe causing a crash in Windows 10 Pro 64 RRS feed

• Question

• This keeps happening. I am thinking it may be a Windows issue. I am going to try limiting the number of processors BF1.exe can use. But here is the event description:

Faulting application name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.50.50197, time stamp: 0x5988deb2
    Faulting module name: bf1.exe, version: 1.0.50.50197, time stamp: 0x5988deb2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000004860b76
    Faulting process id: 0x27cc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d31c940e67b1da
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\bf1.exe
    Report Id: 495c19df-8a6e-4599-8d04-f534de6610a9

Can anyone decipher the fault offset? Once it was due to Direct X12 according to event viewer. But since then it crashes every 3rd day, more or less. I run repair and chkdsk /f. It will run for a few days and then crash again. Very annoying.

skuzeeone

Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can find out many similar cases in Battlefield Forum, it should be a BF issue rather than Windows issue. Look at this one, worth reading.

Battlefield 1 has stopped working!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48978/battlefield-1-has-stopped-working

Check the last reply, this player’s method seems ok.

I made a "user.cfg" file inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1\Battlefield 1

Then I opened the file with wordpad and added this text line:" gametime.maxvariablefps 61 "

I tried using 121 as I use 120hz screen, but with no luck.

After adding max 61 I have played for many hours without any crashes.

And, this one.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BF1-crashing-after-5-10-minutes/td-p/5750961

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I think you could post your situation on Battlefield Forum, there are best resources and experts can help you.

Regards

Battlefield 1 has stopped working!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 25, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I am testing the limiting of processors  fix at this time. My problem is not quite the same as the other poster's problem. BF1 will play for 3 to 4 days before it will encounter the error. I have tried repairing the game, running chkdsk /f as well as changing the way Windows handles the paging file. Up to now none of these solutions has worked. Most of the BF1 forum answers don't work either. I really do suspect this is a Windows issue rather than a BF1 file issue. But, I am trying the processor solution. The problem with that is one must change the number of processors Windows will use before playing the game everytime. This is not a practical solution and, again suggests that it is, indeed a Windows issue. I am waiting for someone from MS to decipher the faulting module information. That would most likely point to the root of the issue. I have had issues with DX12 and BF1 in the recent past as well. Again, leading me to suspect a Windows 10 issue.

skuzeeone

• Edited by RickHal Friday, August 25, 2017 3:51 AM
    Friday, August 25, 2017 3:49 AM