none
Unable to edit Default Domain Policy

Question

• Hi, I need to modify a default domain policy in my network but I got this error (Windows Server 2012 R2)

I am using a domain admin account and have delegated permission to edit this object. I'm able to edit other policy just fine.

Please advise

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 9:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Before we carry out this step can you confirm and verify if you have backup of all the GPO's and AD Backup.

I believe this is a case of corruption if you have provided all the access and delagation correctly.

Can you check and find a registry.pol file with 0KB from the Sysvol folder located in the following path:

%systemroot%\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\ {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User

If we can find this file, we need to delete it and check if the issue persists.

Regards, Jim MSCS - MCP Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Hi Jsalian Arkah,

I find the registry.pol file but it has size 2kb instead of 0kb like you said. Is it still safe to delete it?

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:16 AM
  • > Can you check and finda registry.pol file with 0KB from the Sysvol
    > %systemroot%\Windows\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\
    > {31B2F340-016D-11D2-945F-00C04FB984F9}\User
     Replace that with the path from your error message -check the
    gpttmpl.inf file instead :-)

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 10:53 AM
  • Open GPMC as an Enterprise admin and browse to the GPO.

If a popup appear to set permissions click OK.

Kind regards,

Tim
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA
    http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

"If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

Saturday, April 9, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi Arranda,

What is the situation?

Have you solved the problem?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:30 AM