Incoming Emails in Sharepoint 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I know that there is no straight solution for Achieving Incoming Mails in SHAREPOINT 2003. It is the feature available in MOSS 2007 out of box. I came across an article which says that this can be achieved by pulling the e-mail from the exchange server public folder.

I need to know whether is there any method to achieving this ? if so how?

Please Help

Rangarajan K , India
    Monday, August 11, 2008 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hello,
    SP2003 have very limited capability for incoming email.
    You would need to create custom code to hadle this requirement.

Regards 
    Ivan Bondy - MCPD, MCDBA, MCSA, MCTS - Sharepoint consultant
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Incoming e-mail is a feature of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 that enables SharePoint sites to receive and store e-mail messages and attachments in lists and libraries.

Please review document below for features and configuration.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288433.aspx

Regards
    Monday, August 11, 2008 3:19 PM
  • Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your post. I read the document recommended by you, this is for WSS 3.0. My Present requirement is that, I am working for a portal developed in SharePoint 2003 and for some reasons we shall not be able to migrate the same to MOSS 2007. So I need to implement this requirement with SharePoint 2003 itself. I found an option in SPS 2003 (Email Enabled Document Libraries) which uses the Public folder option to port the incoming emails to SharePoint 2003 Document Library.

It will be of great help if you can throw some light on the configuration options(if any) which is available in SPS 2003 which doesn't use the Public Folders to port the emails to SPS 2003 Document Library.

Thanks in Advance,

Rangarajan K , India
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:54 AM
  • Hello,
    SP2003 have very limited capability for incoming email.
    You would need to create custom code to hadle this requirement.

Regards 
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 3:21 PM