none
Show work of resource by tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Let say I am Project Manager and I have two Team members (user1 and user2). I've assigned tasks to them:

user1 --> task_mig, task_git

user2 --> task_k1, task_k2

They have entered the time they've spent on each task on their timesheets and I've approved it.

Now, at the end of the month (week, or whatever) I would like to see how much hours has user spend on each task. Where can I see that?

Something similar is when I open Resource Center --> Resource Availability for each resource, but there is Availability and Capacity which I don't need, I need only to see how much time was spend on each task. Can it be done?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:56 PM

All replies

• Mario --

This would be an excellent use for a custom report in the Business Intelligence Center in PWA.  Your Project Server administrator could create the report as follows:

Row Fields drop area = Resource List, Project List, Task List
    Column Fields drop area = Time
    Total Fields drop area = Actual Work

Once created, you can filter the resources shown in the report by clicking the drop down list arrow button in the Row Fields header at the top of the column.  You can also filter the time period shown by clicking the drop down arrow button in the Column Labels column header.  The nice thing about generating the report in this manner is that you can customize the report data on the fly as needed.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:20 PM
  • The Task Usage and Resource Usage views may give you what you want.  You can include the Actual Work field in either one.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:26 PM