Windows XP professional Password needs to reset RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir/Madam,

i have forget my Windows XP professional with service pack 3 password...... I have tried every password what i used but could not looged in... Kindly help me to retrieve my password...... Its little bit difficult for me as I dont have any password reset Disk with me and also dont have any password recovery tool with me...... your support will be appreciate for me.. Thanks in Advance....

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal Sharma

Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:30 AM

Answers

• Sounds like you are out of supported options.  The only unsupported option that I beleive you'll have to resort to is that of a "Password Reset Disk".  While this is a fairly common practice, its not supported, so proceed at your own risk.

You can find many linux based free solutions by using Google or Bing.  Find a downloadable ISO file and then burn it to a CD.  Boot to the CD, follow the instructions, and reset the admin password.  Exit, remove the CD, and reboot...

By the way, you should really post to the correct forum next time.  This post has nothing to do with Group Policy.

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    • Marked as answer by Brent Hu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 4:55 AM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the following KB.

How to log on to your Windows XP-based computer if you forget your password or if your password expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 4:54 AM

All replies

• Sounds like you are out of supported options.  The only unsupported option that I beleive you'll have to resort to is that of a "Password Reset Disk".  While this is a fairly common practice, its not supported, so proceed at your own risk.

You can find many linux based free solutions by using Google or Bing.  Find a downloadable ISO file and then burn it to a CD.  Boot to the CD, follow the instructions, and reset the admin password.  Exit, remove the CD, and reboot...

By the way, you should really post to the correct forum next time.  This post has nothing to do with Group Policy.

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the following KB.

How to log on to your Windows XP-based computer if you forget your password or if your password expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

Brent
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 4:54 AM