none
USMT - Move user data and settings - Copy them to network share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to backup existing user data and settings to a network share? I can restore them from a share, but there's not option to upload them to a share when in the LiteTouch Deployment Wizard?

cheers,

Jon

Friday, July 15, 2016 12:11 PM

Answers

• Yes, the State Capture Step in the Task Sequence is what controls this.  It sounds like you have something that hides that part of the Deployment Wizard

Do you have USMT installed and the ScanStateArgs, USMTMigFiles001, and USMTMigFiles002 variables set in CustomSettings.ini

Mine are:

ScanStateArgs=/all
    USMTMigFiles001=MigApp.xml
    USMTMigFiles002=MigUser.xml

That captures all the profiles, local and domain, on the system.

You can also create a Backup Only Task Sequence.

I have created one for myself.  You use the Standard Client Replace Task Sequence Template.  I removed the Restart Action, since I use it to Back up systems that are still in use.

• Marked as answer by Jon Doyle Friday, July 15, 2016 1:29 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 1:11 PM

All replies

• Yes, the State Capture Step in the Task Sequence is what controls this.  It sounds like you have something that hides that part of the Deployment Wizard

Do you have USMT installed and the ScanStateArgs, USMTMigFiles001, and USMTMigFiles002 variables set in CustomSettings.ini

Mine are:

ScanStateArgs=/all
    USMTMigFiles001=MigApp.xml
    USMTMigFiles002=MigUser.xml

That captures all the profiles, local and domain, on the system.

You can also create a Backup Only Task Sequence.

I have created one for myself.  You use the Standard Client Replace Task Sequence Template.  I removed the Restart Action, since I use it to Back up systems that are still in use.

• Marked as answer by Jon Doyle Friday, July 15, 2016 1:29 PM
    Friday, July 15, 2016 1:11 PM
  • Great stuff, thanks Tim thats what i was missing!

cheers,

Jon

Friday, July 15, 2016 1:29 PM