none
Project Pro 2013 and syncing with SharePoint Online 2013 (Office 365) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I am experiencing some challenges with a Project Pro master project file and syncing to SharePoint 2013 (Office 365).

What works

Individual projects can be synced to SharePoint without issue. Once synced, the site start page presents the Project Summary gant, clicking the Tasks link takes me to the tasks. Project files are stored in the Site Assets directory in each SharePoint site (one site per project file).

What doesn't work

When I create a new project (and sync it to a new site), then add two (2) existing project files that reside on SharePoint and then sync to the new master project site I don't see any content in the Project Summary gant, nor do I see any tasks in the task list. I can't figure out if this is not supported or if I've done something wrong. There are no error messages or indicators that I've done something wrong, short of the master project projects not showing up on the master project site (nothing in the project summary gant and no tasks).

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Being able to render a master project is crucial to understanding timelines for many projects in a single view.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 1:10 PM

Answers

• Steven,

This is by design. Inserted Sub projects will NOT show in the Master Project Tasks list. You will only see tasks inserted directly at the Master Project Level.

Moreover, if you set up a dependency between Master project Task and Subproject task, then the sync will not work. All in all, there are limitations for this process, which is where Project Online/Project Server needs to be considered.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:23 PM

All replies

• Steven,

This is by design. Inserted Sub projects will NOT show in the Master Project Tasks list. You will only see tasks inserted directly at the Master Project Level.

Moreover, if you set up a dependency between Master project Task and Subproject task, then the sync will not work. All in all, there are limitations for this process, which is where Project Online/Project Server needs to be considered.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Thank you Prasanna.
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:57 AM