AMD Phenom II X4 940, vista recognizes as unknown AMD processor RRS feed

• Question

• i recently built a custom PC, with the AMD Phenom II X4 940, FOxconn Destroyer Mobo, ive already done a bios flash, so the bios recognizes the processor, but vist only shows it as 4 seperate unknown processors int he device manager, and in the task manager only shows 2 cores being used, rather than 4. Any idea on how to get vista (32-bit) to recognizr the processor so i can run all 4 cores?
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:48 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

After researching, I could not find the information which ensures that the AMD Phenom II X4 940 is supported by Foxconn Destroyer motherboard from the Foxconn site. If the CPU is not supported, this may cause unexpected issues.

In the Foxconn site, it just mentions the “AMD® PhenomTMFX, PhenomTM, AthlonTM64 FX, AthlonTM  64X2, AthlonTM 64, SempronTM processors”.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000400

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Based on the current situation, I would like to suggest that you contact Foxconn and AMD for technical support.

Hope the issue can be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:21 AM