Get-WmiObject : Invalid class "MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes". RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Unable to find the class MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes of root/wmi namespace in a Windows 2012 R2 server.

Was this class removed?
    If removed, is there any way to find HBA firmware version, Driver version, Serial number  using powershell ?

(I want this cmdlet for scripting purpose)

find  the error below,

PS C:> Get-WmiObject -Class MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes -Namespace "root\WMI"
    Get-WmiObject : Invalid class "MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes"
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-WmiObject -Class MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes -Namespace "root\WMI ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidType: (:) [Get-WmiObject], ManagementException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetWMIManagementException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetWmiObjectCommand

• Edited by R.Ravikanth Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:56 AM

All replies

• first you can search the class either it is available or not by 

get-wmiobject -List "*MSFC*"

later you can use your cmdlets

Prashant Dev Pandey LIVE IN YOUR OWN WAY Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:20 AM
  • I tried searching. The class I need (MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes) is not present.

Is there any other possible way to find the HBA Firmware and Driver version details?

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:41 AM
  • If class is not available then you can directly go to device manager and check there if driver is available or not.if available then go to properties then in details version details are available .

Prashant Dev Pandey LIVE IN YOUR OWN WAY Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:04 AM
  • If the vendor of the FC system does not provide the support for WMI then the class will fail.

In all current versions of Windows the class is here:

gwmi -list  MSFC_FCAdapterHBAAttributes -ns root\wmi

If you don't specify the namespace it ill not be found.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:41 PM