none
Outlook 2016 search not woring

Question

• Hi All,

Search is not working in outlook 2016. I have tried reinstall, repair, create new index , builld, enable and disable index, create new outlook profile. But search is still not working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Roy

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Roy,

What type of email account do you use (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)? Outlook 2016 now uses the Exchange Search Index in priority, not the Windows Search Index.

Also, What's the exact build of your Outlook 2016?

Earlier, we had a known search issue with the March Update for the Current Channel (Version 1702 (Build 7870.2020) or later) of Outlook 2016 for people that are using an Office 365 installation.

It's now fixed with the latest Current build - Version 1702 (Build 7870.2031). I have tested on my end, it does indeed fix the search issue:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751.aspx

Could you please have a check and upgrade your Office client if it is the case, then verify result again?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:52 AM
  • Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your reply. We do not use current channel build for outlook, only deferred channel is allowed.

Deferred version installed is the latest one 1609 build 7369.2127.

Thanks,

Roy

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:19 AM
  • So what type of email account do you use (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange)?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:52 AM
  • Have you tried turning off the exchange cache mode and then turn it back on?  Here is a video that shows a couple solutions: https://youtu.be/SFtgXPz1xMM

Monday, December 4, 2017 7:47 PM