none
Sysprep and Capture Failure (5456) RRS feed

• Question

• I have had intermittent success on being able to do a sysprep and capture or just a capture. I have been able to do both at different times but not consistently. I have decided to run sysprep from System32 folder in the GUI and shut down after sysprep. Then run offline media to capture at reboot. 

I have created a task sequence and disabled sysprep so the task sequence should only capture the os. I tried to keep my CUstom.ini and my Bootstrap.ini as basic as possible. 

Custom.INI

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty
    DeployRoot=\\Servername\DeploymentShare$

[Default]
    OSInstall=N
    SkipCapture=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES

Bootrap.ini

[Settings]
    Priority=Default

[Default]

Also verified the script in ZTIutility.vbs was consistent with the following;

"If (oTS.SelectSingleNode("//step[@type='BDD_InstallOS']") is nothing) and (oTS.SelectSingleNode("//step[@type='BDD_UpgradeOS']") is nothing) then

change it to this

If (oTS.SelectSingleNode("//step[@type='BDD_InstallOS' and @disable='false']") is nothing) and (oTS.SelectSingleNode("//step[@type='BDD_UpgradeOS' and @disable='false']") is nothing) then"

The error message I am getting is.

Failure (5456) unable to determine destination disk, partition, and/or drive.

See BDD.log for more information.

Litetouch deployment failed, Returncode -2147467259 0x80004005

Failed to run the action: Apply windows PE

Unknown error (error:00001550;Source Unknown)

I dont understand this error. This is only a capture. This would be a step for a task sequence for Standard Client Task Sequence. Please help 

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:46 PM

All replies

• I'm not a world renown expert but I've done many a Build, Build & Capture and just Captures without having to touch the ZTIUtility.vbs or any other core MDT script.  As long as I setup the CustomSettings.ini and Bootstrap.ini correctly, and fill in the proper paths in the UI, it's good.

I recommend starting small without too much or any tampering: Just build a machine and make sure you can lay down the OS without any errors.  If that works, build on that foundation by performing a Capture by running litetouch.vbs from the machine you wish to capture & selecting the 'Capture-only' Task Sequence.  If that standalone capture works, combine both into a new Build & Capture Task Sequence.

Finally, please upload the logs (smsts.log, bdd.log if necessary etc.) to your OneDrive and share them out so we can review.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:26 PM