Upgrade sharepoint 2007 from Standard to Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• After I installed Sharepoint 2007, open operation, convert license type, current license is office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License, and I entered the Enterprise Cal key given by microsoft, error conversion failed look at error log. I looked in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\logs. Is this where the error log is generated? Is this one of the error message

High Registry key value {SearchThrottled} was not found under registry hive

{Software\Microsoft\Office Server\12.0}. Assuming search sku is not

throttled
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, March 7, 2011 2:18 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you installed office SharePoint Server 2007 by using a Standard client access license(CAL), and are now converting your license type to the Enterprise CAL, you can enable and then push the Enterprise feature set to all sites in your server farm. according to your description, you want to enable Enterprise feature on existing sites. This procedure also uses a SharePoint Timer Services job and may take a long to complete depending on the number of sites in your server farm.
    1.        In Central Administration, on the top link bar, click Operations.
    2.        In the upgrade and migration section, click Enable feature on the existing sites. 
    3.        On the Enable Features on existing sites page, select the Enable all sites in this installation to use the following set of features check box, and then click OK.
    In my limited experience, you get the “error conversion failed” ,you couldn’t have the error in the log when checking the for details. I suggest that you should operate IISreset and restart the Windows SharePoint Services Timer. Please have a try. 

Best regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:26 AM

All replies

• If your current license ´was already "office sharepoint server with Enterprise Client Access License" then this installation was already an Enterprise installation.

If you thought you had a Standard installation you were mistaken and so you now need to add Enterprise CALs for each of your users in addition to the Standard CALs they already should have.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters
    Monday, March 7, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

If you installed office SharePoint Server 2007 by using a Standard client access license(CAL), and are now converting your license type to the Enterprise CAL, you can enable and then push the Enterprise feature set to all sites in your server farm. according to your description, you want to enable Enterprise feature on existing sites. This procedure also uses a SharePoint Timer Services job and may take a long to complete depending on the number of sites in your server farm.
    1.        In Central Administration, on the top link bar, click Operations.
    2.        In the upgrade and migration section, click Enable feature on the existing sites. 
    3.        On the Enable Features on existing sites page, select the Enable all sites in this installation to use the following set of features check box, and then click OK.
    In my limited experience, you get the “error conversion failed” ,you couldn’t have the error in the log when checking the for details. I suggest that you should operate IISreset and restart the Windows SharePoint Services Timer. Please have a try. 

Best regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 1:26 AM