Sharepoint 2007 SP3 and WSS 3 SP3 applied without error - Product version in the version table in some Sharepoint SQL databases did not change, is this normal? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I applied SP3 with a powerful user with db owner and sysadm rights over the databases, no errors can be found in the upgrade logs, and the registry keys on each Sharepoint 2007 server shows 12.0.0.6608, so it was all looking good.

However my final check on the SQL Server tables many of the sharepoint databases are still showing 12.0.0.6219 in the versions table, some show 12.0.0.6608.

So i suppose my question is should all the databases show the latest version, or is it only when schema changes have been made to them?

I did run the Sharepoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard after applying SP3 and this completed 9 tasks with no errors.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Apparently if they are not touched by the service pack during the update,  it is entirely normal for some tables to show an older version number. So it is normal behaviour, the service pack doesn't update all version numbers in tables across the entire SQL database unless something has been changed in them.

• Marked as answer by jondo1 Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:28 AM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Jonathan,

It should be at the same level - SP3.

Run following command and check 

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force

If this will not upgrade your DB then detach and attach them back using stsadm command and check

stsadm.exe -o deletecontentdb -url <URL name> -databasename <database name>

and 

stsadm.exe -o addcontentdb -url <URL name> -databasename <database name>

let us know your results

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

• Marked as answer by Jack-GaoModerator Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by jondo1 Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:02 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

Whether these DBs are attached to your farm? If yes then detach and reattach them.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Sunday, June 3, 2012 4:39 AM
  • Apparently if they are not touched by the service pack during the update,  it is entirely normal for some tables to show an older version number. So it is normal behaviour, the service pack doesn't update all version numbers in tables across the entire SQL database unless something has been changed in them.

• Marked as answer by jondo1 Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:28 AM
    Thursday, January 2, 2014 11:27 AM