IE 11 User Authentication options RRS feed

• Question

• I work for a large enterprise developing web applications for internal users. As part of this I need to test web application (Intranet) with multiple user ids to make sure that role based logic..etc is working. Until IE 9, I used to set the User Authentication->Log on to Prompt for User name and password for local intranet zone. Once it's set, it used to stay like that until I change it to something else. But after upgrading to IE 11, this is resetting to default option of "Automatic Logon only to intranet zone". Any idea of this behavior? is it IE 11 behavior or any  corporate group policy I should check that's forcing this behavior?
    Monday, December 14, 2015 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ravir,

Thank you for your question.

After upgrading to IE 11, IE 11 will keep setting which is in IE 9 by default. 
    Please contact AD administrator to check if there is a GPO to apply to IE11.

Then we could change it into “Log on to Prompt for user name and password” to check if it will be changed after restart PC. Then check if there are related task scheduler to change it.

If there are no any configuration on it, it will be related to security level when Windows update, so we could use GPO to configure it.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, December 30, 2015 5:51 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:19 AM