none
IE 11 GPO for adding Trusted Sites Not Having Any Effect

Question

• I have a GPO to add trusted sites via GPP registry, but from some users it isn't working.

I looked in the registry and see the settings applied in HCKU under zonemap/domain, but when I open IE11, the trusted sites are just not there.

The policy is being applied to the user, but it is not achieving the result intended.  Trusted sites are all blank.

Gpupdate and reboot has already been done.

What can cause this issue?

Using the registry for something as common and basic as Trusted Sites seems so crude.  Are there going to be manageable settings for IE Trusted sites in the new Windows 10 ADM templates?

• Edited by MyGposts Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:49 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 9:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How exactly did you configure the registry? You mean this only happens for some users, not all?

For trusted site zone, you should set the value data as “00000002” for the registry. I have just tested it on my testing machine, and it works well.

For example, if you want to add contoso.com as a trusted site, you need to create the registry below:

Key Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\contoso.com
    Value Name: https
    Value Type: REG_DWORD
    Value Data: 2

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:50 AM