none
Few pages in a domain not rendering in Enterprise mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using IE11 on Windows 7 box. We would like to enable Enterprise mode for our SharePoint 2007 sites.

We followed all the steps to enable Enterprise mode. We added our SharePoint domain to the site list.

After enabling enterprise mode, the sites of our SharePoint 2007 are being rendered in Enterprise mode.

But, there are few pages in the same SharePoint 2007 domain that are not being rendered in the Enterprise mode.

When we try to load the page, we can see the Enterprise mode icon but it disappears after the page is loaded

Sometimes, the enterprise mode icon is visible when the page is loaded with the developer tools open on that tab.

Please help me resolve this issue

Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Ragh,

"Sometimes, the enterprise mode icon is visible when the page is loaded with the developer tools open on that tab."

This may indicate that there is already a conflicting x-ua meta or header setting on the page.

To test this

1. Make a note of the pages url addresses where this occurs. (copy and paste from the address bar).

2. Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Always record developer tool console messages".

3. Open a single IE instance and navigate to about:blank.

4. Display the Dev tool (f12), and select the Emulation tab. Return to the IE window without closing the dev tool (pin it to the bottom of the browser so the console remains visible) and from your list of troublesome pages navigate to each address in turn keeping an eye on the value of the DocumentMode (aka Emulation mode)... I expect your will see it change (perhaps a number of times) as the page is being loaded. Note also HOW the emulation mode was established (this is displayed on the Emulation tab of dev tools. For pages that have their emulation mode set by an x-ua header value you can record the response header using the Networking tab of the dev tool.

Generally I expect that they will have x-ua meta values of IE=edge or 9 or 10.

Select the DOM Explorer tab of Dev tools and find the x-ua meta tag in the head block to confirm its content value OR select the Networking tab, response item and double click it to view its headers.

Open your Enterprise Mode list manager and add the full address of the pages to your list and select as its Emulation Mode 'Default'.... that is 'for this page on this domain, use the default emulation mode as specified by the x-ua meta/header'

save and propagate your updated xml Enterprise Site Mode list.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Hi,

For your question, I recommend use a dedicated site to collect data and help you find out about sites that aren’t working right, so you can add them to your Enterprise Mode site list. More details about it, please refer to: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn781326

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, September 26, 2015 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Ragh,

"Sometimes, the enterprise mode icon is visible when the page is loaded with the developer tools open on that tab."

This may indicate that there is already a conflicting x-ua meta or header setting on the page.

To test this

1. Make a note of the pages url addresses where this occurs. (copy and paste from the address bar).

2. Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Always record developer tool console messages".

3. Open a single IE instance and navigate to about:blank.

4. Display the Dev tool (f12), and select the Emulation tab. Return to the IE window without closing the dev tool (pin it to the bottom of the browser so the console remains visible) and from your list of troublesome pages navigate to each address in turn keeping an eye on the value of the DocumentMode (aka Emulation mode)... I expect your will see it change (perhaps a number of times) as the page is being loaded. Note also HOW the emulation mode was established (this is displayed on the Emulation tab of dev tools. For pages that have their emulation mode set by an x-ua header value you can record the response header using the Networking tab of the dev tool.

Generally I expect that they will have x-ua meta values of IE=edge or 9 or 10.

Select the DOM Explorer tab of Dev tools and find the x-ua meta tag in the head block to confirm its content value OR select the Networking tab, response item and double click it to view its headers.

Open your Enterprise Mode list manager and add the full address of the pages to your list and select as its Emulation Mode 'Default'.... that is 'for this page on this domain, use the default emulation mode as specified by the x-ua meta/header'

save and propagate your updated xml Enterprise Site Mode list.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, September 25, 2015 12:38 AM
  • Hi,

For your question, I recommend use a dedicated site to collect data and help you find out about sites that aren’t working right, so you can add them to your Enterprise Mode site list. More details about it, please refer to: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn781326

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, September 26, 2015 1:26 AM