none
computer account provisioning through FIM RRS feed

• General discussion

• Experts,

I have a new requirment to create computer objects in AD through FIM.

New computer objects should be created in FIM Portal and this objects should be provisioned a computer account in AD.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Mannn

Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Mann,

You will need to (Global view of step):

• Extend the FIM Service Schema to create a new 'Computer' Object
    • Adding to the synchronization filter
    • Update FIM MA to add flow for computer object type
    • Update AD MA to include computer object
    • Create an outbound sync rule to create computer object in AD
    • Create RCDC for your new object type in FIM Service

I hope it will help you!

Sylvain

Thursday, July 17, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Hi Sylvain and thanks for this post How about using FIM to move automatically computers of given pattern in the default OU to their destination OU? Is that possible with FIM and How? I saw that it's not common to use FIM for computers provisioning. Best Regards RS
    Monday, July 21, 2014 10:18 AM
  • Building upon's Mann's suggestion you would definitely need to write some code in FIM either as a custom activity or through MV provisioning to achieve what you what.  There is nothing out of the box in FIM that will create computer objects so you have some work ahead of yourself.

Personally, I would skip the sync rules and do it in MV code since that offers the most flexibility.  Here is a link that discusses how to create a computer object in AD via code.  See if you can get this to work in a stand alone console app and once you have it to that point start folding it into FIM.

Thanks,

Scott

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

Monday, July 21, 2014 11:14 AM
  • ok great, that means that I can use a custom workflow to regularly check and move automatically existent computers with the pattern CCCBBCCCNN from the Active Directory default OU to their destination OU 'BB', isn't it? Is that requires as well any FIM service schema extension as noted above?

thanks indeed for your input

RS    

Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi RSAWADOGO,

Your pattern will be always the same? Like taking the fourth and the fifth char?

If yes you can use the "Mid" function:

Mid(pattern, 4,2)

More info Here

Regards,

Sylvain

Friday, July 25, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Thanks Sylvani!

Achieved with you steps!

Monday, July 28, 2014 1:52 PM
  • Glad to hear that you achieved your need!
    Please, mark it as answered!

Sylvain

Monday, July 28, 2014 2:16 PM