Get data from 2 lists into one list RRS feed

• Question

• So,

I want to have a list with people with their phone numbers and SIM number, then another sheet with serial numbers of phones and issues related to the phone. Then I want these 2 lists to feed into one master list where all the data comes together so we can relate a person to a phone.

Is this possible with writing as little code as possible as I have not coded with SP before.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please also mention sharepoint version?

For you description, this can be possible in many ways.

1. If you just need to show records from both list: You can use data view webpart to show records from both list without any any code. You will not require to maintain any other master list.

2. If want to maintain master list: Use code to get data from both list and add in master list. Make sure that you have to maintain unique key between both list so you can compare the data. You will need to use SPSiteDataQuery class to get records.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spsitedataquery.aspx

Let us know if you have any doubt

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:15 AM