Windows 10 Assigned Access Won't Pull Local IP Address. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I have some windows 10 machines that are set to automatically boot to an account with assigned access. After it boots it opens a custom app made with Windows App Studio that opens a local browser based application that is used in our manufacturing process. This process has been working fine for a little over a month until the most recent Windows 10 updates happened. After the update both assigned access and Edge cannot access the local IP address that the application is run on, but other browsers such as IE and chrome can.

Double checking all the settings, such as network access and firewall rules, there isn't anything that is preventing the computers from accessing the local resources. Is anyone else experiencing an issue like this?

Friday, March 24, 2017 3:24 PM

All replies

• So in build 14393.969 I get looped back to a new tab page first time I try a local address. The second time and subsequent times it works.

So what happens when you try to connect?

What happens if you try again and again?

Saturday, March 25, 2017 12:09 AM
  • When you see the local address cannot be accessed, what's the symptom? And if you remove assigned access from the user, and manually log in the user as normal, are you able to use the assigned access app, (or Edge), to access to IP address? what does the IP look like? 
    Monday, March 27, 2017 6:09 PM
  • Yes, I have definitely tried to connect over and over again, still no luck. We've had that issue before and it seemed like an issue with the wifi card in the device not connecting fast enough, but I've verified that the devices have a connection and other browsers will go to the right address.
    Monday, March 27, 2017 10:09 PM
  • When you see the local address cannot be accessed, what's the symptom? And if you remove assigned access from the user, and manually log in the user as normal, are you able to use the assigned access app, (or Edge), to access to IP address? what does the IP look like? 

The error that comes up is that the hostname cannot be resolved. Yes, I have taken them off of assigned access and verified that it is edge/assigned access that cannot access the local ip address. Other browsers on the same machine can, so I have to believe that something changed within edge/whatever assigned access uses with the windows update that happened.

I'm not quite sure what the last question is in regards to, unless it's the actual address itself. Which is just a 192.168.xx.xx address. The app is run on an sql server on one of our servers, and that IP address is what the windows app studio application is calling to for it's information.

Monday, March 27, 2017 10:14 PM
  • Does anyone else have an idea on this? Hopefully this reply bumps the post.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 4:04 PM