Please Help. RRS feed

• Question

• Wow. You guys really impress me. I found myself typing in things out of desperation into MSDOS that i really have ZERO idea what they mean.

My 15yr old son has been hiding the fact that his Mozilla, Music. Explorer ect has not been working for about two months. He has a project due

in Pre Alg. Friday and i told him to use his computer....well he cant :(. I'm a single mother...with Zero funds to repair computer but i give myself

credit for being slightly computer literate... Please HELP. When we try to access programs it gives us a

SSPICLI.DDL not installed warning.

Ummm...i have read several of your comments for about four hours and have tried everything and i am now sure i don't know what i'm doing.

There was a time last year that i could have just taken it to Best Buy and paid but this year it is NOT possible. Any help would be appreciated. and no one would hurt my feelings if its something thats beyond repair....i would just prepare for the worst. With much thanks.

Mari ....

Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:13 AM

Answers

• Ok here what you need to do.

step 1. Open up CMD prompt as administrator.  then run "SFC /scannow" (no qoutes)

step 2. Download a new sspcicli.dll file http://www.dllguru.com/sspicli.dll.html  bout half way down theres a link under "Download and Repair Dll File". Its a zip file you downoad so you will need to unzip it before you move it anywhere after downloading.  (Right click and hit extract.)

step 3. Copy a new SSPICLI.DLL into the folders for the machine you have.  You can check if you 32 or 64 bit by going to the system icon on the control panel.

The path for 32-bit systems (x86 machines):

%SYSTEMROOT%\WINDOWS\System32\

The path for 64-bit systems (x64 machines):

%SYSTEMROOT%\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\

step 4. Restart machine and cross your fingers :)

step 5. If it still doesnt work run SFC /scannow again and restart.

step 6. If it still doesnt work get your windows 7 install CD and boot from the CD and do a repair install.

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Friday, September 7, 2012 3:12 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:55 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 6:00 PM