What is Win32_LogicalShareSetting in WMI RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that periodically cannot find the following key in our WMI service (Windows 2008 R2 by the way):

Win32_LogicalShareSetting

A google search finds no informaiton on this.  I thought maybe it was a descripter installed by some third party, but the only one I thought it may be from is Neverfail, and they claim it is not theirs but they use it to detect shares on the system.

Can anyone help?  Can I get some details on this?  What namespace should it be in, etc?

cheers

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Friday, August 19, 2011 3:57 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs)
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:59 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply.  The company that develops the software has gotten back to me.  It was a diagnostic output error describing a key that does not exist.  The correct key is

Win32_LogicalShareSecuritySetting

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Geoff Belair Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:44 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure the spelling of the key is correct. Or please perform full disk scan using your antivirus software to verify if the system is virus free.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Geoff Belair Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Geoff Belair Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:42 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:32 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  The company that develops the software has gotten back to me.  It was a diagnostic output error describing a key that does not exist.  The correct key is

Win32_LogicalShareSecuritySetting

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Geoff Belair Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:44 PM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:44 PM