none
bug in accesstier enumeration.

Question

• if I do the following.

Login-AzureRmAccount -SubscriptionName example
    $ctx=(get-AzureRmStorageAccount -ResourceGroupName  examplerg).context

((Get-AzureStorageBlob -Container sfbk -Context $ctx) | select -First 1) | select name,lastmodified

Name                                                   LastModified
    ----                                                ------------
    2013 testEAK_1.ZIP      5/27/2018 3:31:37 PM +00:00

lastmodified shows the correct data.

but if I do, trying to get the accesstier data.
    ((Get-AzureStorageBlob -Container sfbk -Context $ctx) | select -First 1) | select name,accesstier

Name                                                  accesstier
    ----                                                  ----------
    2013 testEAK_1.ZIP

Notice accesstier is blank, sorry about the terrible formatting.

The following shows the data for accesstier.

((Get-AzureStorageBlob -Container sfbk -Context $ctx) | select -First 1)
       Container Uri: https://nwsfdasaleadfadfsforcebk.blob.core.windows.net/sfbk
    Name                 BlobType  Length          ContentType                    LastModified         AccessTier SnapshotTime
    ----                 --------  ------          -----------                    ------------         ---------- ------------
    2013 testEAK_1.ZIP   BlockBlob 123905          application/zip                2018-05-27 15:31:37Z Archive

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong with my powershell?

• Edited by troth Monday, December 10, 2018 3:31 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

•  "((Get-AzureStorageBlob -Container sfbk -Context $ctx) | select -First 1)

Container Uri: https://nwsfdasaleadfadfsforcebk.blob.core.windows.net/sfbk" Since you are able to view the access tier, Can you please elaborate more on the issue?

Monday, December 10, 2018 3:58 PM
  • @troth, It looks like a possible bug, in the official documentation of the specific  cmdlet however it doesn't include a flag/option to specify the accessTier. I'll route it to the internal team as feedback. We'll get back to you with the update.

Thanks
    Adam
    Monday, December 10, 2018 8:28 PM
  • Sorry was having a rough time trying to explain this, as per the post from Adam Smith this is a bug. 

Thanks

Monday, December 10, 2018 10:21 PM
  • Thanks,  as an alternative it would be nice if I could select a folder within the storage explorer and enable archive per folder.  
    Monday, December 10, 2018 10:26 PM
  • You can actually change the Access tier but only on the blobs level(not on container level) in Storage Explorer Desktop version , I'd recommend posting feedback on   here for folder support. please add this thread link on your post.

Monday, December 10, 2018 10:58 PM
  • Thanks Adam yes I was aware of the ability to change at the container level, will propose folder level within the forum you suggested.  
    • Marked as answer by troth Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:31 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:31 AM