Administrator privileges in WIndows 7??? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 Professional, and I found I could not run "Scriptomatic v 2.0" as I used to on XP. I looked this up in an MS forum and read that you need Administrator privileges to run Scriptomatic.

I tried the runas.exe command as follows from a cmd prompt:

C:\Windows\system32>runas /showtrustlevels
    The following trust levels are available on your system:
    0x20000 (Basic User)

Yet my account is an Administrator account. Can someone help me figure out how to run with elevated privileges, as is said to be necessary to run Scriptomatic on Windows 7 (as well as other Administrivia)?

Thank you.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, User Account Control on Windows 7 helps protect systems by requiring programs to run with a standard account even though a user is logged on as an administrator.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=12028

Regarding the System requirements in the above article, Windows 7 is not the supported operating system. You can try the compatibility mode. Right click Scriptomatic2.exe, select properties. On Compatibility tab, select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) mode, also check the Privilege Level at the bottom.  

If the issue persists, you can disable UAC temporarily to check if Scriptomatic2.exe can run properly.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, December 5, 2011 9:50 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:11 AM